Sunday 1 March 2020

Three Ways - The Ways In

      Hi guys

      Well, it's finally that time where I get to shout from the rooftops THREE WAYS - THE WAYS IN IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON (insert hysterical cheering here)!


      This has been a long time coming, not just from starting out, but also from being blocked for 18 months, and I feel good about it - I wasn't sure how I was going to feel before. Now I can get on with The Ways Out, let's hope there's no blocking there!

      I don't really know what else to say in this post. Well, apart from the self interview below. The book is just done, all the sweat and tears weren't for nothing, but there's no gushing. Like Cole and his name, when Jane asks, it just is. So, I'll leave it there.

      As always, have a good one, and I hope you enjoy The Ways In on Kindle or in Paperback
      T. M.



- - - AUTHOR SELF-INTERVIEW - - -

      What inspired me to write Three Ways?

      First, my sister asking me, years ago, “Why don’t you write a book about yourself?” I didn’t want to at the time, I wanted to escape myself.

      Years later, I had an erotic encounter idea that morphed with a need to be myself in a committed relationship, after I’d put myself away. It latched onto my sister’s words, and sent me on the path to write a romance. And then I laughed – and knew I had to write spurred on by 90s Eurodance.


      What does the title mean?


      How many ways can you look at your relationships, yourself, or the world? Three – physical, mental, and spiritual.


      What can I tell you about The Ways In?

      It’d be expected that presenting your true self in a book is the realm of autobiography. Being a fiction writer, an autobiographical main character in a fictional story was the perfect match.

      Falling into romance on a few of movies and looking up Fifty Shades on Wikipedia, there are conventions and tropes, and early on I was meeting them but also twisting them, and commenting on the genre which, if you go into some stories, gets pretty messed up.

      And if you like your dialogue, doses of humour and interesting imagery, great kissing, and bedroom heat, you’re in for a treat.


      What did I learn while writing The Ways In?

      I learned how brave I was, not just the whole unveiling thing, but in facing something I’ve feared, including something actually said to me by someone close to me. It tends to go over my head now, still hurtful and ignorant, but empty.


      Why is Three Ways set in Sydney, Australia?

      Besides being the home city (sort of, I was born near Newcastle), I was toying with an idea for a book set in the US, to show up Stephen Koonts for getting Australia very wrong in UFO using the powers of Google and Google Maps.

      When Three Ways popped in my head, I knew it was an opportunity to show actual Sydney, real suburbs, places, the colour of Australian currency. But I kept it as far away from the Bridge and Fancy Sail-Shaped Building as possible.


      If it was made into a movie, who would star in it?

      I’m hoping Australian actors, but nobody big. Ultimately it doesn’t matter who plays the roles, I don’t have character descriptions, so you could drop in Ryan Gosling if you wished (hint hint).


      What about your short story, To See His Face?


      It’s part of my plan to keep the ending secret from those who would turn to the last page – you know who you are.

      It’s also my initial understanding having found my way to spiritual practice. I’ll let the story speak for itself.


      What happens next in The Ways Out?

      That’s for me to write, and you to find out.

      But for the unknown man in To See His Face, it’s to take on Rigola’s mission, live in a place of last resort, and lead one of greatest need back to reconcile.





- Now available from Amazon -

No comments:

Post a Comment