Friday 11 September 2015

Clean up on Chapter 6, some wonderful hints of the things to come, and lets pause and remember today.

   Hi Guys!

   Well, it's a Friday night, I'm sitting with the little one watching Cars, so I thought I'd make a bit of post - and why not? It's not like it costs me anything but time to blog (or those ads to the right are making me money - I'll take your silence as thanks for cutting out all the dating sites because frankly they annoy the pants off me too!).

   So, anyway, a chapter update. And yes, bit slow these few weeks as I'm only part way through chapter six (and a delicate little romantic motion - that I actually have to change a little to make it that one bit more hot).

   But it's not doom and gloom, because I in my slip towards "writer's block" I realised that I was stopping because scenes weren't enough to pique my interest, breaking the flow, and I had to rethink things. So I did, and maybe there's a bit of time to get back tonight - alright you twisted my arm, back to the works, but after I have the very happy update that...

   The reason I lost momentum with the Novel Formerly Known as Prince A Flight Away was because I started it wrong. Well, not the prologue where on the blog, that's staying for impact. But trying to start Mark Cray's piloting career getting his private pilot's license was just breaking my bank, and breaking the sort-of action movie flow I was going for.

   But being set in the US, you'll need to wait until I show off my home city of Sydney first (and its diverse suburbs) before I take a flight up to Washington state - was that another hint? You bet it was! And while I'm speaking of hints, I'm going to leave you the cryptic three dimensional conundrum below for the adventure to come:





   And there you have it. Cars is almost over, little one's going to bed, and I'm going to pollute my ears with some nineties Eurodance

   But before I go, it's a bit hard not to forget that if we fast forward about an hour or so, and go back 14 years, today is a pretty sad day. I know I pursue some dark subject matters, if only for entertainment, but I don't forget the impact that real tragedy has on people's lives, even to complete strangers on the other side of the world who found out the next day that evil stalked our world again.

   We know what this day means, and how it affects us in small ways, and for those who lost their loved ones in three buildings and four aircraft, either the innocent victims or the brave few who stayed until the end to get whoever they could out. Let's not forget any of them today, or any day into the unknown future.

   In memory of the many this September 11, and may we never face horrible, pointless, tragic death, anywhere in our world, in public or in private.


   T. M. Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment